GTC / GENERAL PROVISIONS
The company IVV.SL has its registered office at Arrecife on Lanzarote and manages and rents holiday homes in Costa Teguise near the sea.
Requests for booking purposes of the houses can be made by telephone, email or through our website. In response to this request our customers will receive a written offer. An verbal information is not binding. Only written agreements in the form of offers, options or booking, will be binding according to the particular conditions established in each case.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIME
Unless agreed otherwise, the rented property is available to the tenant from 2 pm on the day of arrival. On the day of departure, the tenant shall vacate the rented property by 12 pm. In individual cases, special arrangements can be made.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT
- A deposit is required upon conclusion of a contract. The deposit will be 20% of the total price and shall be paid within 10 working days from the receipt of the deposit invoice.
- When booking the guest will be notified of the final payment of 80% for the holiday accommodation booked.
- In the event of short-notice bookings of less than 4 weeks before the commencement of the journey, the total price will be payable upon conclusion of the contract.
- If the tenant defaults in payment of the deposit / final payment for more than 14 days, IVV.SL shall be entitled to terminate the contract without prior notice and without stating further reasons and to let the rented property to someone else.
- The tenant shall be entitled to use the rented property only if the rent has been paid in full.
CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION OF THE STAY
- In the event of a cancellation, the tenant shall pay a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee will be 20% of the agreed rent. If the tenant has already paid the deposit, the latter will be deducted from the cancellation fee due. If the tenant cancels the contract before the commencement of the rental, the following regulations and periods shall apply in addition:
- from the 90th until the 60th day before commencement of rental, 40% of the total price.
from the 59th until the 30th day before commencement of rental, 60% of the total price.
from the 29th until the 8th day before commencement of rental, 90% of the total price.
- The booking can only be cancelled or terminated with IVV.SL and in writing. The decisive date for calculating the cancellation cost due shall be the day of receipt of the declaration/cancellation at IVV.SL.
- If the tenant withdraws from the contact, it shall be entitled to appoint a substitute, who will take over the contract stipulated with IVV.SL along with all rights and obligations.
- If the tenant discontinues the stay, it shall still be obliged to pay the rent in full.
CANCELLATION RULES FOR THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
For cancellations of bookings in the period January 2021 to December 2022, the following new rules apply in deviation from the existing general terms and conditions.
The deposit invoice of 20% payment for bookings in this period will be retained as a credit in your favour at 100% by IVV-SL, and will be deducted from the final invoice for all new bookings made from January 2021 to December 2022.
If the final invoices is already paid for bookings in the period January 2021 to December 2022 will be retained as a credit in your favour at 100% by IVV-SL, and will be deducted from the final invoice for all new bookings made from January 2021 to December 2022.
3.OPTIONS / RESERVATIONS
- For long-term planning, IVV.SL offers the tenant the possibility of reservations in the form of options.
- The options shall be valid for 60 days from the date of their issue. If within these 60 days no lease is concluded, the option / reservation agreement will expire. Any claims for compensation on the part of the tenant vis-à-vis IVV.SL shall be excluded in such cases.
4. LIABILITY AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE TENANT
- The rented property including all furniture and any other objects present therein shall be treated with care.
- The tenant shall urge all accompanying persons to exercise the same care.
- The tenant shall be liable for culpable damage to the rented property and the furniture and all other objects present therein. It shall also be liable for all damages caused by accompanying persons. The tenant shall be obliged to pay in full for the damage caused.
- The rented property may only be occupied by the persons and the number of persons indicated in the lease.
- Any defects arising upon taking over of the rented property and/or during the term of lease shall immediately be notified to IVV.SL so that corrective measures can be taken.
- It is generally prohibited to bring pets to the rented property. In individual cases, however, special arrangements can be made.
- Parties in the rented property (weddings etc.) require the express consent of IVV.SL and shall therefore be announced prior to the completion of booking and will be indicated to IVV.SL in the confirmation of the booking.
- At the end of the term of lease, the tenant shall hand over to IVV.SL the rented property in good condition along with all keys received will be delivered to the employee of IVV.SL.
5. FINAL PROVISIONS
- With the booking the tenant expressly agrees to the General Terms and Conditions of IVV.SL.
- If the tenant does not comply with the General Terms and Conditions, IVV.SL shall be entitled to terminate the contract, in which case the tenant's obligation to pay the rent in full shall continue to exist.
- The rented properties are partly surrounded by natural areas and parks. On the Canary Islands, people must reckon with ants, bugs or free-ranging animals (cats). This shall not represent a defect. Therefore, no claims for liability or compensation or claims based on defects can be asserted.
The present General Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Spanish Tenancy Act L.A.U. 29/1994.